- To take your Class 1 or 3 written/knowledge test, you need to study road
- signs and parking distances in the Basic License Handbook.
- You also need to study the Professional Driver’s Handbook.
- For a Class 1 knowledge test, you must study the Class 1 and Class 2 sections as you will be able to drive a bus with 10 or more passengers.
- You also need to study the section regarding trailers.
- For Class 3, please study the Class 3 section only.
- You do not have to study trailers or buses, but everything else should be studied.
- We have these books in our office, and you can access this information online at www.transportation.alberta.ca.
- This test can be taken at any Alberta registry office and is valid for one year from the date on the permit.
- The cost is approximately $18.00.